Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/canadian/public_html/frontend/canadian_kiosk/templates/listing/kiosk2.php on line 304
When you look around our school, meet the girls, teachers and staff, you’ll see the Elmwood difference. Elmwood is a place where girls belong, where integrity and respect are paramount and where potential is realized.
What makes us unique?
- Elmwood girls are continually outperforming academically, especially in math and science. Our standards are high, and our students don’t disappoint.
- The academically rigorous International Baccalaureate Programme provides a world-class foundation in inquiry-based learning for all students, JK to Grade 12.
- 100% university acceptance. Our girls go on to study at prestigious schools around the world.
- Exceptional faculty who truly understand and respond to the ways girls learn and grow.
- Elmwood feels like home. It is a safe, supportive place where girls can express themselves, build friendships and learn self confidence.
- We encourage our students to take on leadership roles-to challenge themselves to step out of their comfort zones.
- Global citizenship and social responsibility are not just buzz-words here. Our girls give back, to their community and beyond.
- Arts, athletics, academics and a host of co-curricular activities ensure a rich and balanced lifestyle for every student.
- Elmwood embraces digital learning and considers technology an essential teaching tool. Initiatives such as our 1:1 laptop program enhance the learning experience for digital natives-students are technologically confident and competent.
Location(s) of Business
261 Buena Vista Road,Ottawa,Ontario,K1M 0V9elmwood-052009
Elmwood families want the best for their daughters. They want more opportunities, great teaching, the best resources, the latest innovations, small class sizes and a welcoming environment. Elmwood performs.
Here's what our parents are saying:
"When we moved to Ottawa we were happy to have an all-girls school choice for our daughters. Both Court and Sam benefited from the excellent and caring teachers and a strong foundation was laid for their high school years."
- Brian Peters
"The search for an ideal school for our daughter—one that would build upon the foundation we had laid during the first four years of her life—ended the moment we walked into Elmwood School. One of the first things you notice at Elmwood is the multitude of genuine smiles that greet you, from both staff and students. What you notice next is the abiding spirit of mentorship, within a rich academic environment. Everyone cares for everyone else at this school. We were also quite moved when, at the end of the first week of school, our daughter’s teacher, Ms Kate Meadowcroft, thoughtfully conveyed her thanks to all new parents for entrusting her with our little ones. This sense of warmth and family is at once reassuring and uplifting.
Elmwood encourages its students to discover new things about themselves, to strive for academic excellence, and to be independent and confident members of the school community. At the core of these important objectives is an underlying and profound dedication to helping the girls develop, in equal measure, a strong sense of self and a robust social conscience. The benefits to our daughter’s development are already visible, and we are very excited to continue to work in partnership with Elmwood to help her realize her full potential as she continues her journey at this unique, exceptional school."
- Shalin and Jacqueline Sugunasiri
"Our daughter started attending Elmwood in Grade 7. From the first day of school she felt welcomed and a part of the Elmwood community. We found the teachers to be approachable and very willing to help our daughter achieve high goals.
The quality of people from teachers to admin support staff and other students reassure us that our hard-earned money is well invested in our daughter’s education and that we made the right choice by selecting Elmwood over other schools in Ottawa. We wish we had enrolled her sooner. Our daughter is getting a firstclass education that will benefit her for her entire life. We believe and trust in the approach to higher education that Elmwood has adopted so much that we are committed until Grade 12.
Finally, the friends she has now will be friends for a lifetime. She enjoys going to school every day and is very proud to be going to Elmwood.”
- Paul and Cindy Moore
An Elmwood education goes far beyond the basics. Educating the “whole girl” means offering our students opportunities both in and out of the classroom to explore, create, experiment, grow, achieve, and express themselves in a challenging, positive and supportive environment. Our unique mix of programs allows us to do just that.
From Junior Kindergarten to graduation, Elmwood uses technology to connect students with the best resources available, and to equip students to shape and share knowledge and ideas.
Duke of Edinburgh
Elmwood’s active participation in the Duke of Edinburgh Programme has drawn rave reviews and offers our girls added dimensions in which to develop their skills and challenge themselves.
The academically rigorous International Baccalaureate Programme provides a world-class foundation in inquiry-based learning for all students,
JK to Grade 12.