Calypso is Canada's biggest and best theme waterpark! We have spread water fun everywhere on this extensive 100 acres facility. From toddlers to teenagers to party dudes to grandma & grandpa, everyone will have its fair share of fun in this gem of a park. State of the art monstrous slides, river run, largest wave pool, fun rides and even white water experience, you really won’t have time to be bored.
Enjoy more than 35 waterslides, over 100 water games, heated pools and Canada’s largest wave pool! In 2012, come and enjoy a new family attraction! Discover the Summit Tower, the highest free-standing waterslide tower in North America. It includes 4 serpentines slides for the entire family, 4 high speeds slides with toboggan boats and double inner tubes and 2 AquaLoops for thrill-seekers. Get carried away in a tropical river or dive into the fantastic world of pirates. Visit an absurd scientific laboratory or an aquatic zoo, and explore many other exciting theme attractions!
You wanted a wave pool to eclipse all others; we got it! We have captured over an acre of the ocean and set it free in our park. With several different types of waves, and easily accommodating 2,000 of your friends, the Calypso Palace wave pool is where people gather to have fun.
Calypso Theme Waterpark is the summer time place to be, and its east of Ottawa off highway 417 and 75 minutes from Montréal. So pack your swimwear and come on over. Don’t worry; we have restaurants … and a landscaped picnic area if you prefer to pack a lunch. Allying a souvenir shop, an ice cream parlour, a sunny terrace, lounging chairs, plenty of room to enjoy a hearty felt laugh and of course, excitement galore. Every foot of this place is injected with fun! No, we haven’t forgotten our smallest friends; toddlers, we have a safe haven for you too. Share the best time ever; bring a friend and soak up the fun.
Open daily from 10am
Follow us on Twitter: Calypso Ottawa.
Check us on Facebook: Calypso Theme Waterpark
Buy Tickets in advance for express entry.
- Setup a timetable that includes: arrival, lunch, time to enjoy the attractions, time to rest, shopping and departure. Always allow for flexibility in your schedule.
- Download the Calypso Park Map and decide in advance which attractions you want to ride.
- If you are missing an item such as: swimwear, towel, sunglasses, bottled water, or a hat, you may purchase it at our Souvenir Shop.
- Eat before or after typical mealtimes to avoid crowds at food outlets, and go for rides during typical mealtimes to avoid longer lines.
- Don’t Wait for Nothing - before you get in line for a ride, make sure everyone in your group meets all the requirements to ride.
- Bring your own picnic lunch! Commercially prepared food, alcohol, glassware, BBQ and radios are not allowed in the park.
- Don't forget that all slides are used by more than one person at a time. Ensure that you move away from the end of the slide promptly after finishing your ride.
- Sun Smart Tip - Calypso Theme Waterpark supports safe fun in the sun. Therefore we strongly recommend the regular application of SPF sunscreen. Also, don't forget to wear a hat and a t-shirt when you take time out of the pools and attractions. To protect yourself from heat stroke, do drink lots of water (but not pool water!).
- Personal Floatation Devices including children's water wings are NOT allowed on any of the attractions.
- Height Requirements - For our visitors’ safety, some of our attractions have height requirements. Each attraction has its own personal height requirement, which is posted at each slide and must be respected. You may also click on each attraction on the web site for specific information.
- Calypso Theme Waterpark is a big place so it is important that parents designate a meeting place for family members. If a child is lost, stop by Guest Services at the front entrance or contact any uniformed staff member in the park.
- Smoking is permitted in the designated area only. Our chosen location is the Hawaiian Beach Bar. Although it is a smoking area, please respect other guests and use the ashtrays.
- Swim Diapers are required for toddlers who are diaper dependent. Swim diapers are available for purchase at our Gift shop.
- Tents and Umbrellas - For the safety of our guests, personal umbrellas, tents or shade structures are not permitted inside the park. For your convenience, shelters and shady areas are located throughout the park.
- Locker Rental - We recommend guests store their valuables in a locker while enjoying their visit.
- Appropriate Bathing Suits are required for guests using attractions in the waterpark. In addition, no swimwear with buttons, snaps, rivets or zippers are permitted. Aqua socks are allowed in the wave pool, Pirates Aquaplay and the Zoo Lagoon.
If you are looking for some tips on Calypso Waterpark and what you CAN and CANNOT do - here they are:
- Follow all ride rules and regulations for safety reasons; if you are unable to comply with the correct riding procedure for any attraction, you will not be permitted to ride.
- Follow the lifeguards’ instructions. They are there for your safety and wellbeing.
- Supervise small children at all times. Lifeguards and attraction attendants are not baby sitters.
- Wear comfortable and sensible swimwear. No jeans or dresses will be allowed on the rides for safety reasons. Toddlers must wear waterproof diapers at all times.
- Remember Sun Safety. Wear a hat, put on plenty of sunscreen and drink a lot of water.
- Have long hair tied back for security reasons.
- Bring glassware, sharp objects and portable BBQs into the park.
- Bring alcohol and commercially prepared food into the park.
- Smoke anywhere other than the designated smoking area. Refer to the park map.
- Wear any eyewear on any rides without a strap.
- Bring any food or beverages to the attractions. You will be asked to finish your food or drink before your ride.
- Bring any toys, floatation devices or children’s water wings into the park.
- Bring tents or umbrellas.
- Use the slides if you have a heart condition, back problems or are pregnant.
- Wear any loose clothing.
- When is Calypso Theme Waterpark's operating season?
Calypso Theme Waterpark is open from early June until Labour Day.
- How can I apply for a job at Calypso Theme Waterpark?
The job listing is posted under the "Join the Calypso Team" section on their web site.
- Are Swim Diapers required for Tots?
Yes swim diapers are required on tots. Swim diapers may be purchased at the gift shop.
- What can I bring into Calypso Theme Waterpark?
You can bring a lunch, however, alcoholic beverages, glass containers, personal floatation devices including children's water wings, BBQ grills, portable radios, tents and umbrellas are not permitted on the site for safety reasons.
- Must I pay admission, even though I am not going to swim?
Yes, all guests are required to pay admission to get into the park. There is no way to distinguish those who are using the attractions from those who aren’t.
- Is the Water Heated at Calypso Theme Waterpark?
Yes, we do heat the water for our guests’ comfort.
- Do you rent towels?
No, but we do sell some beautiful ones in our gift shop.
- Do you have lifeguards on duty?
Yes. We have certified lifeguards at all of our attractions.
- Do you have an ATM on site?
Yes, we do.
- What rules are there concerning dress code?
We recommend proper swimming attire. Cut off shorts as well as swimwear with buckles or metal rivets are not accepted.
- Does Calypso Theme Waterpark offer rain checks in case of inclement weather?
The park is open rain or shine. For your safety, we reserve the right to close the attractions temporarily during thunderstorms.
Calypso is Canada's biggest and best theme waterpark!
Images of Business